[jsword-devel] VersificationToKJVMapper RocketPassage use

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 15:36:09 MST 2014

When I switched to using RangedPassage instead of RocketPassage by default
it improved memory usage but there are 8 specific uses of RocketPassage in
VersificationToKJVMapper.
E.g.
303:             matchingVerses = new RocketPassage(this.nonKjv);
409:             newKey = new RocketPassage(versification);
503:             return new QualifiedKey(new RocketPassage(target));
Etc.

Is there any reason why any of the 8 specific references to RocketPassage
in VersificationToKJVMapper should not use the default passage class
returned by PassageKeyFactory.createEmptyKeyList()?  I could imagine that
if any of the Passages would be likely to contain a large number of verses
then a RocketPassage would be better, but I don't think any will.  However,
I don't have enough familiarity with the code to be sure.

I am actually getting an OutOfMemoryError occasionally when testing on a
virtual device caused by the occurrence on line 303 and possibly elsewhere.

Martin