[jsword-devel] Range searches

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Apr 26 05:54:32 MST 2014

I think that "leading" is clear. It is also "a" range. Feel free to improve the comment.

The technical constraint is that it is not part of a general search and is applied after. Allowing it at the end would also be reasonable.

We don't allow for:
([GEN] Aaron) OR (([MATT] Jesus) AND ([MATT] Mary))
That would take a lot of work.

Which is get all the Aaron references from Genesis and the Matthew references that contain both Jesus and Mary.

We also allow one ~n (where n is a number). This will split the search into two parts and do a verse proximity search.
Aaron ~5 Moses means get all the verses containing Aaron that are within 5 of those mentioning Moses.
Basically ~5 Moses is converted to a range. The search result for Moses is blurred by 5 and then intersected with Aaron search results.

I might have the logic backward. It may be that Aaron ~5 is converted to the range.

But Aaron~0.5 Moses is a lucene search that applies fuzzy search to Aaron and boosts the search for Aaron.

In Him,
	DM Smith