[jsword-devel] 'heading' analyzer

Sijo Cherian sijo.cherian at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 20:54:32 MST 2014

DM,
I noticed that 'heading' field value contains the <keystring> at the
beginning of the value string

For gen1:1
heading, contains  "Genesis 1:1 The Beginning of Creation"

For gen1:2
heading: "Genesis 1:2"
(even though no heading for this verse)

Is it intentional to index full-bookname/verse, even when heading itself is
empty for a verse?

thanks in advance,
sijo

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 3:43 AM, Chris Burrell <chris at burrell.me.uk> wrote:

> This will break AndBible indexes. And Martin will need to rebuild them and
> distribute to 80000+  users.
>
> Chris
> On 20 Apr 2014 03:19, "Sijo Cherian" <sijo.cherian at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> As I was thinking about Chris' requirement to stem the heading:
>>
>> Shouldn't the 'heading' & 'intro' fields be analyzed using same analyzer
>> as 'content'?
>> since they all seem to be of same nature and language text.
>>
>> Since this field is not used in free text query, and only impacts fielded
>> query, is there objection to changing the analyzer for 'heading' & 'intro'
>> fields.
>>
>> --
>> Sijo

Regards,