[jsword-devel] Finding which books are in a Bible module

Chris Burrell christopher at burrell.me.uk
Mon May 20 09:39:59 MST 2013

Hi Martin

>From memory, essentially, the following method was optimized:
book.getGlobalKeyList();

That means the following code is much faster. (There are probably other
scenarios too).

final Key keyToBook = book.getValidKey(v11n.getShortName(bb));
        keyToBook.retainAll(this.globalKeyList);
        if (keyToBook.getCardinality() == 0) {
            return;
        }

I was after getGlobalKeyList in particular to generate links to each
chapter in each available book. Obviously, this is a slightly different use
case for working out if a particular key exists... But it should do the
trick, so long as you're happy with the fact it reads the entire first
index file.
Chris