[jsword-devel] Bookmarks

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 07:24:47 MST 2013

I am struggling to think what to do with bookmarks wrt Versification since
a Bookmark refers to all current Modules, possibly with different
versifications.

Bookmarked verses are saved to a bookmarks database table.  When reloading
bookmarks from the table a Versification must be specified.

To get it working most of the time I could just use the default
versification as follows:
   savedBookmarkKey =
PassageKeyFactory.instance().getKey(Versifications.instance().getDefaultVersification(),
verseReferenceFromDb);

But I notice that AbstractPassage is tied to Versification and wonder if
this will even work for simple cases like Jn 3:16.

Eventually I probably need to record the current versification when saving
the bookmark, but even then I will have the correct versification for the
key but can the restored bookmark be used with different versifications.  I
mean can a common Key/Verse like Jn 3:16 be used with different
Versifications or do I have to generate a different Key for every
Versification when viewing multiple modules with different Versifications.

This might be because I am still a bit confused regarding the way
Versifications are implemented.

Martin