[jsword-devel] Trunk build is broken

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Mar 23 06:46:34 MST 2013

It was a regression. I just carefully checked the changes that I made to the comments and whitespace to the versification files and found I inadvertently changed 3 data points. One of these 3 changes was caught in the shared setup to numerous tests. I'll be checking in the fix for this now.

The other failure for file:/tmp/test I saw on one run but not on the other. I don't think the problem is with the hardcoded path. That path mimics the DataPath value in a module's conf. In this case a RawFile module is a personal commentary which starts out with no files and no data. The recent change to check to see if the module is "correct" is not right for a RawFileBackend. The files do not exist until the module is written for the first time.

BTW, the same is supposed to be true for all modules. Currently we don't support writing to modules (that is creation and writing) but when we do the code will need to change.

So, I think the RawFile test finds a real code problem. I think the test probably should be changed to ensure that file:/tmp/test does not exist during setup. That way it will be a repeatable failure, not just after a Mac/Linux reboot (don't know what Windows does to "tmp" files).

In Him,
	DM