[jsword-devel] Odd bug in BD

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Mar 18 06:25:51 MST 2013

Was able to reproduce it. Compiling with JDK 5 did not prevent the problem.

Turns out that Ubuntu default install is not Gnome 3, but Unity. Not at all obvious to a non-ubuntu, non gnome3 user. Very used to gnome2. Strongly dislike Gnome 3. So when I saw Unity I mistook it for Gnome3. One seemed as bad as the other. Took a half gig to install Gnome 3. Ouch. The launcher I mentioned below works for Gnome 3, but not quite the same icon and name experience.

The problem is that if you maximize the program under Gnome 3 then the mouse is off. If you merely make the window big, but not full window, the mouse works fine.

Unity works fine too.

Also, if you run Bible Desktop using openJDK 6 it doesn't have the problem. I'm not aware of any programs that require Java 7. (I uninstalled openJDK 7 and installed openJDK 6.)

I'll work on getting a bug workaround into Bible Desktop.