[jsword-devel] Odd bug in BD

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Mar 17 19:04:55 MST 2013

Peter,

This is in the category of "It works for me"

I installed Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit and openJDK 7.

The nightly build is now created using Java 5 (which it should have been all along). Hopefully, this was the problem's fix.
	http://www.crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/jsword/nightly/bibledesktop-latest-bin.zip

I saved this on my desktop. Created a launcher for it, named "BibleDesktop.desktop" with the following contents:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=2.0
Name=Bible Desktop
Comment=Bible Study
Exec=/home/dm/Desktop/bibledesktop-2.0-beta/BibleDesktop.sh
Icon=/home/dm/Desktop/bibledesktop-2.0-beta/bibledesktop_icon_512.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Utility;Application;

I then made it executable and double clicked on it. You'll obviously have to adjust this to your path.

I also ran BibleDesktop.sh in a terminal, which did the same thing but picked an ugly icon for the dock.

I found no mouse problems.

Let me know if it is any better for you.

-- DM