[jsword-devel] Reference parsing

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Sat Jul 13 16:17:50 MST 2013

Hi

I'd like your opinion on whether this should go into the JSword engine.
Someone has suggested:

It would be good if the user was given the rest of the chapter when they
typed in:
* Gen.3.5-       <ie nothing follows the hyphen]
* Gen.3.5-200  <ie more verses than exist in the chapter>
* Gen.3.5ff      <this normally means 'to the end of the section' but
interpreting it as the end of the chapter is also good>

The current behaviour I'm seeing on STEP is

Gen.3.5- => 1 verse
Gen.3.5-200 =>key not found exception
Gen.3.5ff => 3.5 & 3.25 (I think this must be a bug)
(Gen.3.5-ff => goes to the end of the chapter)

I'm not sure what to think of the middle one (Gen.3.5-200). But I'm
guessing it's for users who simply don't know the notation and therefore
want everything.

What do people think?
Chris