[jsword-devel] StrongNumber in indexing

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Fri Jan 4 13:34:25 MST 2013

Hi

Can I suggest a fix to the StrongNumberFilter, which currently relies on
org.crosswire.jsword.book.study.StrongsNumber

The regular expression used to match the Strong number is:
private static final Pattern STRONGS_PATTERN =
Pattern.compile("([GgHh])0*([1-9][0-9]*)!?([A-Za-z]+)?");

Unfortunately, some texts use H00 as a strong number to indicate that the
tagged word is in 2 places (i.e. this is only the first part of the tag).

The above expression causes huge amounts of Logging to be output to the
console.

I suggest we change it to something like

[GgHh][0-9]+

Also, what's the stuff at the end of the regex? Haven't come across any
like that...

Chris