[jsword-devel] WebStart and BibleDesktop

Chris Burrell christopher at burrell.me.uk
Wed Feb 27 12:48:23 MST 2013

Hi DM

The link seems broken. Is this related to our use of classloaders? I still
think we shouldn't be using classloaders. Usually, one introduces
classloaders to isolate parts of the application from other parts. For
example Tomcat isolates different webapps from each other, but each webapp
has access to the parent classloader. Or for example, within a webapp,
Spring might isolate various components such as the servlets from the
services declared.

What stops us from doing something like:

Resource r = readFileFromJSwordHomes();
if(r == null) {
 r = readFileFromClassPath();
}

This seems much simpler. And even if it is unrelated to the bug you mention
above, would reduce the complexity in JSword further.

Chris