[jsword-devel] FYI, Macs & Java

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Feb 19 13:07:27 MST 2013

The statement is misleading/confusing. It disables the browser plugin for java. That is the ability to run a Java applet.

This problem is not particular to Macs. It affects all browsers with the vulnerable Java plugin on all OSes.

I've disabled mine and have no problems running Java desktop applications or even web start programs (other than the problem).

When Java is not present and a Java desktop application is started, it will prompt the user to do an automatic download and install of Oracle's Java.

Hope that clarifies.

In Him,
	DM