[jsword-devel] Job names and internationalisation

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Feb 2 10:52:17 MST 2013

I'm looking at it a bit more closely now. Not sure how it is a problem to track progress. If you look at BibleDesktop, you can do many jobs simultaneously. Such as downloading and indexing Bibles. It tracks each job separately. It does this by registering each Job with the singleton JobManager.

Take a look at common-swing for o.c.c.progress.swing.JobsProgressBar that listens to JobManager as a WorkEventListener for WorkEvents. I know that Swing is not part of your app, but take it as example code.

Currently, it is the object itself that is used as the ID. What does jobID provide that "this" does not?

In Him,
	DM