[jsword-devel] Versifications and key absence

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Tue Aug 6 14:19:24 MST 2013

On the fix up, I don't think we really want that behaviour.

I don't think "your two things that are needed" would solve this case. The
behaviour I have working correctly is for verses that are in a
versification but not in a module. (not sure I can explain why, but I don't
get a NoSuchKey exception). The problem we need to solve is for OSMHB, for
which Mat 1 is neither in the versification, nor in the module. (so, we
presumably need a third check to see if it's in any other versification?)

As an aside, while we decide on a way forward for JSword, my current
workaround is:

- get the key for book X
- if NoSuchKeyException, attempt to get it for KJVA (if installed), if this
works, then return an empty key
- if still NoSuchKeyException, or KJVA not installed, attempt to do the
same in the ESV (which is NRSV now).

For me, returning an empty key is similar to the case where a module
doesn't contain the key in question.

Cheers
Chris