[jsword-devel] Searches and restrictions

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Tue Sep 4 03:01:53 MST 2012

Hi

Not sure if this is a  bug, but thought it worth mentioning here. The
restrictions to passages in searches don't play well with the MaxResults on
the DefaultSearchModifier. In my case, I'm looking at +[John 4] with and my
user interface shows the first 50 results on each page.

 final DefaultSearchModifier modifier = new DefaultSearchModifier();
modifier.setMaxResults(50);
modifier.setRanked(true);

bible.find("water +[John 4]");

Unfortunately, that only gives me back 2 results, because the other 48 are
not the in the first 50 retrieved by Lucene.

Chris