[jsword-devel] [sword-devel] How to compile And Bible from jsword from the upstream repo?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 13:22:01 MST 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-30 at 15:31 -0400, DM Smith wrote:
> I may have said it poorly. We weren't using a branching model. We
> tagged releases, but did not create a branch for stable against which
> changes could be submitted.

That's exactly my point ... with cheap branches, every guide for doing
something with git starts with "first make new branch". Which is exactly
what you should do. What you did was sensible with SVN where branches
(and especially their merging) is complicated.

If you want some fun, look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8
(beware, it is 1:10:14 long). There is a reason why this highly
technical lecture has 1,012,467 views.

Matěj

We are told that [St. Anthony] once fell into dejection, finding
uninterrupted contemplation above his strength; but was taught to
apply himself at intervals to manual labour by a vision of an
angel who appeared platting mats of palm-tree leaves, then rising
to pray, and after some time sitting down again to work; and who
at length said to him, "Do thus, and thou shalt be saved."
    -- Life of St. Anthony