[jsword-devel] PassageKeyFactory, resolving verse references

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Fri Oct 26 06:57:07 MST 2012

Hi All

I've encountered an issue where I'm trying to parse the following
references: "Ps 27:7-14; 28".

It seems that JSword is treating the 28 as a verse rather than as a
chapter. Previously I had assumed that when separating by commas you would
be referencing a verse, but when separating by a semi-colon you would be
expressing a chapter.

The JSword code doesn't make a difference between the two parts, and
therefore assumes here that 28 is a chapter. This then causes an issue
because Ps 27 doesn't have a verse 28.

Presumably introducing a difference between separators of verses, verse
ranges and chapters (e.g. comma means between verse, but semi-colon means
between chapters) is something fairly fundamental and therefore a change
that we wouldn't want to make?

Chris