[jsword-devel] Git

Trenton D. Adams trent at trentonadams.ca
Fri Mar 30 18:12:20 MST 2012

On 12-03-30 05:10 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> On 29.3.2012 21:14, Trenton D. Adams wrote:
>> Git automatically takes svn layouts, and changes them to fit git. I
>> don't recall exactly how I did it, but I believe it was "git svn clone"
>> with the --stdlayout option, and use the base repo (not trunk).
>
> That works only with the standard branches/, tags/, trunk/
> subdirectories, not with JSword having multiple projects (bibledesktop/,
> javatar/, jsword/, common-swing/, etc.)

Is the intention to separate those out then into separate git repos?
that may actually make some sense, but I fear it would create more
difficulty in managing the release cycles.  It's been awhile since I
looked at the svn repo, but I had thought that there was a trunk, with
all those folders you mentioned underneath the trunk?