[jsword-devel] Git

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Mar 18 05:45:45 MST 2012

On 18/03/12 11:41, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Gitosis/gitolite are not for you (that's for sites with hundreds of
> repositories and complicated ACLs).

I disagree. I use gitosis to administer a small bunch of repos with a
few users. It is extremely easy and pleasant to use and has the huge
advantage of requiring no infrastructure of any serious kind. Just git
really.

http://scie.nti.st/2007/11/14/hosting-git-repositories-the-easy-and-secure-way

The biggest beauty is that it makes administering git push access very
easy while removing the need to get for every "pusher" an ssh account on
the server. If we do stay on CrossWire + want to use git, I strongly
recommend gitosis or gitolite as admin tool

Peter