[jsword-devel] Git

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 12:09:05 MST 2012

On 13.3.2012 18:07, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> In the end you would really need a blessed official git-svn RO mirror.
> When you have that there is really no point

There is now (or will be in few minutes when push finishes) just for fun
https://gitorious.org/sword/jsword, but it is quite certainly NOT how I
would imagine the conversion to git would be done: there should be one
git repository per module (git svn can clone just part of the SVN repo,
but git itself works only with whole git repos; there is a possibility
of having git repositories linked as a submodule of bigger one). Also I
would eliminated all third party code and all generated resources
(namely jars), but that's just me.

Blessings,

Matěj

He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for
support, rather than illumination.
       -- Andrew Lang