[jsword-devel] Best way of keying verses in a separate database

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Fri Jun 8 09:25:06 MST 2012

Hi all

I used to be using the getOrdinal()  on the verse range to key a set of
references in my database against particular resources. Now that it's
deprecated, what's the best way. I'm happy to assume that my database will
be keyed in a particular known version (e.g. KJV). I need a way to key this
in numerical form to allow me to do intersection of ranges, etc.

Should getOrdinal be re-instated? Also, is there a way to translate from
one versification to another? So if the user is looking at version x, I'd
like to translate what he's looking at to the version stored in the
database.

Any ideas?

Chris