[jsword-devel] Verse 0 in xgen titles - expected behaviour?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Jul 2 09:11:34 MST 2012

On 07/02/2012 11:53 AM, Chris Burrell wrote:
> Hi
>
> With the introduction of verse 0, the xgen titles sometimes now
> contain this. I used to use this to display the demarcations between
> passages if multiple passages are being entered. However, this now
> gives the following xgen titles:
>
> <title type="x-gen">Exodus 3:1-22</title>
> <title type="x-gen">Exodus 4:0-17</title>
>
> The above example is for "Exodus 3:1-4:17".
>
> I was just wondering if this */expected /*behaviour. If so, I'll code
> something to work around this. It doesn't however happen for "Exodus  3-4"
I'm not sure how it should work. It is certainly the way it is coded.
Chapter 0 and Verse 0 are full fledged references.

That is for Genesis
Gen.0.0 is the Book intro/title
Gen.1.0 is the Chapter intro/title

In your example, Exodus 3:1-4:17 explicitly excludes the Chapter 3
intro, if present, but explicitly includes it for chapter 4, if present.

So if you want all of Genesis, chapter 1, do you want the title as well?
Then Gen.1 will work. But if you don't and headings are turned on, what
then? Gen.1.1-Gen.1.21?

If you want part of the chapter, say the first 10 verses, what do you
want? Gen.1.0-Gen.1.10 or Gen.1.1-Gen.1.10?

Right now, the code makes no distinction between one chapter number and
another or one verse number and another. Should it?

If not, what should it do?

In Him,