[jsword-devel] Request for help - Java and/or Javascript, Jquery

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 04:04:26 MST 2011

Hi Chris,

Are you planning to use many jquery plugins and extensions or have you
considered using a component library or Ajax based framework to simplify
some of the ui design and implementation?  We use JSF at work, which
wouldn't be suitable, but does allow use of a lot of high level Ajax js
components, which are handy.  Something like GWT might allow a powerful ui
to be coded in Java.  Flash or something like OpenLaszlo could provide a
radical ui.  Zk I haven't used but looks interesting and there are lots of
other libraries like Dojo.

I have been using Amanuens and UserVoice recently, which have elegant and
functional web interfaces but unfortunately they use ASP.NET which I suppose
is very popular but I haven't used MS technologies for a long time.

Regards
Martin