[jsword-devel] How to check for GlobalOptionFilter=OSISStrongs in .conf file

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:43:14 MST 2011

I have done a bit more work on this because it affects a new feature I am
working on at the moment.

Books I have found with Strongs but without the Strongs feature type in
their .conf are:

   - OSMHB
   - RWebster
   - SpaTDP
   - Byz
   - [RST (no longer unavailable)]

I have come up with a little hack to find if a book has Strongs because I
need it now:
private boolean hasStrongs(Book book) {
Object globalOptionFilter =
book.getBookMetaData().getProperty("GlobalOptionFilter");
return globalOptionFilter==null ? false :
globalOptionFilter.toString().contains("Strongs");
}

A secondary problem I have uncovered is that Strong's numbers are not
indexed in the above books because the hasStrongs check in LuceneIndex.java
uses the FeatureType.STRONGS_NUMBERS discussed above.

Kind regards
Martin