[jsword-devel] Downloads very slow with latest JSword code

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 14:15:45 MST 2011

Okay, I am sure now.

   - I reverted to my slow code (latest JSword)
   - rebuilt And Bible
   - download of esv took 4 minutes
   - changed to .level=SEVERE from FINEST in
   jsword/src/main/resources/CWLogging.properties
   - rebuilt And Bible
   - download or esv takes 30 secs

I am wondering how other apps handle JSword logging config files.  JSword
logging has never really worked for me on Android (possibly because I don't
configure it correctly) so I normally just add printlns if I need some info
from JSword.  Android has it's own logging architecture that I rely on
heavily.

Martin