[jsword-devel] [sword-devel] Missing short bible book names for most languages

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Jan 12 02:44:26 MST 2011

Just to add a little to this conversation.

SWORD has a method VerseKey::getShortText() which should give you an
abbreviated verse reference.

Which currently returns:

[ReferenceSystem's Preferred Abbreviation for the Book] ch:vs"

This is always English.

The intent was to change this to:

_tr([ReferenceSystem's Preferred Abbreviation for the Book]) ch:vs"

which would allow a locales.d/ file to have [Text] entries for each of
these English abbreviations.

I'm not sure who added the locales.d/*_abbrevs.conf locales

Troy