[jsword-devel] Error with Strongs tags in Russian RST bible

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:03:25 MST 2011

And Bible throws an error when attempting to parse the xml from the Russian
RST module.  It appears to me that the Strongs tags do not conform to the
correct xml format.

I printed out the OSIS xml for the beginning of Colossians and got (ignore
the question marks which are just Russian characters):
<verse osisID='Col.1.1'/>?????<WG3972>, ?????<WG1223><WG2307>
??????<WG2316>...

which isn't valid xml because the Strongs tags are all unmatched opening
tags, despite not being valid OSIS tags, but then the RST is originally in
GBF format and not OSIS.

When I select RST in BibleDesktop and turn on Strongs Numbers it displays
the numbers but they are not shown as Strongs links but large red tags.

Any idea what might be the problem here - I thought it could possibly be an
error in the module or in JSword GBF conversion to OSIS?

This error also affects the RusVZh module.  Both modules are GBF format.

Thanks
Martin