[jsword-devel] Exception bubbling

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Sun Feb 27 03:41:26 MST 2011

Hi

Can I assume that exception handling in JSword is all be done via a
LucidException? It doesn't look like LucidRuntimeExceptions are being used
much...

I myself would prefer to be handling RuntimeException (i.e.
LucidRuntimeException) as that would mean less explicit handling. For
example, if I have someone ask for a verse that doesn't exist, my default
behaviour will be to stop the processing, bubble up to the top and handle it
there. I'd like to catch that exception as high up as possible without
explicitly needing to specify it on every method that it might go through -
clutters our code a little.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Chris