[jsword-devel] OSIS format type

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 20 17:57:14 MST 2011

On Feb 20, 2011, at 4:35 PM, Chris Burrell wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using the XSLT spreadsheet derived from the basic JSword one And just trying to understand the title element. In particular the
>
> <title type="x-gen"> that identifies the section in the Bible for example that someone has looked up. Now I'm trying to find a definition of that, but finding it difficult?
The definition of attributes that begin with x- are defined in the manual as being defined beyond the spec.

If you look on o.c.j.book.OSISUtil.java you'll see GENERATED_CONTENT = "x-gen". This is used in o.c.j.book.basic/AbstractPassageBook.java in getOsisIterator to mark a title that JSword generates.

> Basically I want to remove that first line after transformation (saying for example "Romans 1:1-2" because I want to put my own version of the title instead). Can i safely assume that a title of type x-gen only occurs once at the top of the retrieved OSIS XML? I want to keep all the other titles that come out though.
>
> Basically, in the following fragment, can I just simply ignore as I tranform the part in bold based on the title type 'x-gen'

Yes.
You also might want to parameterize it and make it a user option.

>   <title type="x-gen">Romans 1:1-6</title>
>   <verse osisID="Rom.1.1">
>     <title subType="x-preverse" type="section">Greeting</title>
>     Paul,
>     <note n="a" osisID="Rom.1.1!crossReference.a" osisRef="Rom.1.1" type="crossReference">
>       [
>       <reference osisRef="Gal.1.10">Gal. 1:10</reference>
>       ]
>     </note>
>     a servant
>

> Cheers