[jsword-devel] BibleDesktop and Tooltips

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 20:54:48 MST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:
> In an effort to make BibleDesktop easier to translate, I'm wondering whether tooltips add much value to the application, or whether they get in the way?Or...?
> Are they valuable in Chinese, Farsi, German, Vietnamese, .... (the languages in which BD is translated) or in the languages it could be translated?
>
> Thoughts anyone?

For me personally, I never/seldom use tooltips for any computer
software (but I consider myself medium-expert computer user). If I
need to look for certain features, I usually use the Help rather than
tooltips.

But sometimes I receive request from my users (alkitab user) regarding
tooltip: to explain more and make it show a bit longer), so I guess
certain user really use tooltip to understand how to program works.

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--
Alkitab Bible Study