[jsword-devel] How does one determine whether a reference is OT or NT

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Nov 15 13:36:21 MST 2010

On 11/15/2010 03:12 PM, Chris Burrell wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just wondering if there is an easy way to determine whether a passage
> reference refers to the Old Testament or the New Testament?

JSword does not have a clear idea of testament. I'd suggest
Verse.compareTo(Verse), and use Matt.1.1 as the boundary. However, I
don't know if all versifications start the NT with Matt.1.1.

It might be problematic when we add introductory material. This will
have verses of the form Matt.1.0, Matt.2.0, ... (for chapter
introductions) and Matt.0.0 (for book introductions). There is some kind
of notation for testament intro, but I'm not clear on what it is for SWORD.

Hope this helps.

In Him,