[jsword-devel] Storing user information in JSword

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Wed Nov 10 01:53:03 MST 2010

Off the top of my head, here are the things that I'm going to need to do.

- multi-user support
- remember a list of options that were selected (for e.g. to do with how the
passage was displayed - morphology, strong, interlinear, etc.)
- remember the list of passages visited
- remember a set of favourites/bookmarks
- making a recently visited passage a bookmark
- abstract set of settings that are application-specific rather than JSword
specific
- saving a set of settings as a "workspace" similar to eclipse. For e.g. I
could open my app, and select OT study and a set of default settings there
displaying hebrew by default, etc.
- being able to shelve and restart from a blank set of settings

I'm using a webapp, so a lot of this I could store in cookies. But I'd like
a way for people to be able to use their "profile" wherever they are, not
necessarily only on the last browser. As a result, I'll have to have some
sort of user/password key.

That's it for now.
Chris