[jsword-devel] Lucene index help

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 07:57:11 MST 2010

I am not sure where that leaves us.  With respect to And Bible it seems
clear that it needs to use JSword indexes rather than clucene indexes.
 Therefore the plan to use the PocketSword repository of downloadable
indexes is blocked.

I didn't realise that the JSword module download mechanism was different to
Swords but does that prevent us supporting downloadable indexes now?  Code
to download indexes has been in JSword for a long time.  Would it be a bad
idea to create a simple repo of JSword indexes a bit like like Nic has for
PocketSword?  As I said I am happy to do any work to achieve this, mainly
because the next release of And Bible currently depends on it to address
index creation issues.

The current And Bible code in subversion downloads indexes from Nic's
PocketSword repo but hopefully it would be just a matter of changing the url
as it uses JSwords index download code.

Kind regards
Martin