[jsword-devel] Quick question about installer

Chris Burrell christopher at burrell.me.uk
Sat Feb 27 08:40:04 MST 2010

Hi

Is there a reason why the Thread object is not exposed in the Progress/Job
interface/object ? I can understand there are some control implications
here, but perhaps we could expose and proxy out the Thread.join() method, so
that we can have threads neatly waiting on other threads?

I think that's how join works, right?

so just adding a public method to Progress.java and Job.java

public void join() {
    workerThread.join();
}

I assume those threads exit at some stage? or are they all part of a pool
and never actually get closed down?
Chris