[jsword-devel] enhanced searching

trent.jsword at trentonadams.ca trent.jsword at trentonadams.ca
Sat Feb 27 01:50:58 MST 2010

Hi Guys,

In lieu of regular expression searching, I was thinking of a way that we might enhance the existing jsword searching.  I was thinking that ranking should be enabled by default, and whether it's enabled by default should be configurable.  As an example, my "wash word" search to find Ephesians 5:26 works really well when ranking is enabled.  What I did, is searched for "wash word", then went into advanced mode, and clicked on the prioritize, and searched again.  That was the only way of getting it to search only for "wash word" without the quotes, and without wildcards, but still do a prioritization.

This may even be better than regular expression searching, because it appears to automatically take into account variants of "wash" such as "washing".  Which means it's intelligent in some way.

Any thoughts?

How long would something like that take to do?  I still haven't really had any time to look into jsword code, so I'm only guessing at 2-4 hours if I were to do it.  Someone that knew how it works could probably do it in 30 minutes I would expect, yes/no?  Or am I a bad guesser and it is harder than that?

Thanks.