[jsword-devel] Performance boost up

Yingjie Lan lanyjie at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 10:42:55 MST 2010

Hi,

After studying the source code for HTMLEditorKit here:

http://kickjava.com/src/javax/swing/text/html/HTMLEditorKit.java.htm

I found that when I disable the MouseMotionListener (HTMLEditorKit.LinkController), the performance would be much better. On the other hand, currently the motion listening is not of much value in BD. So I cooked up this LazyHTMLEditorKit (see attached), and if you use it instead of HTMLEditorKit, you will see the performance boost, especially when you got lots of hyperlinks in the display.

Cheers,

Yingjie