[jsword-devel] WebResource default timeout

Joe Kumar joekumar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 20:59:31 MST 2010

Hi JSword team,

This is Joe. I was wanting to develop a system that could match prayer
requests with bible verses. I started off using lucene to create indexes on
a bible that I downloaded off the internet but after searching a little bit
I realized that JSword uses lucene. So I am planning to use the data
structures and functionalities provided by JSword and build something on top
of it. Tatz a little bit of background.
I downloaded the code from instructions in
http://www.crosswire.org/jsword/svn.html.

When I run the APIExamples.java, I encountered a
"java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out". After increasing
the default timeout from 750 to 1500, it works fine. I am using Eclipse 3.5
on OSX Snow Leopard. Not sure if anyone else face this issue. If so I can
submit a small patch for this.

regards