[jsword-devel] jsword on android

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Apr 20 09:44:21 MST 2010

Joe,

Hey, it's good to hear from you again!

Troy has started work on a JNI wrapper for SWORD C++.

I'd love to see JSword on a mobile phone. In the past mobile Java has
been to limiting (e.g. not property files) and it would have been a
major pain to re-write JSword to it. Hopefully things have changed.

Regarding annotations, JSword does not use any other than @deprecated,
@since, ... and the standard, been there for a long time Java
annotations. (Specifically, it does not use those from Java 1.5.) If
these are a roadblock, they can certainly be removed.

Regarding Lucene, it has moved to Java 1.5 with the 3.0 release. We are
still in the 2.x series.

I'll hold off on any Java 1.5 move until someone can provide some
clarity on its impact on using JSword on Android.

In Him,
DM