[jsword-devel] jsword on android

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Tue Apr 20 07:19:52 MST 2010

On 15/04/2010 20:47, Wes Widner wrote:
> Hey Joe,
>
> I've been poking through the jsword source in hopes of trimming it
> down somewhat in order to use it in an android application I am
> writing. I have two questions I'd like to see if you could help me with:
>
> 1. Have you worked with jsword in relation to the android sdk (or the
> dalvik jvm) any?
I haven't, however I have just got an android phone, so I've been
itching to have a go.

> 2. Is there a way to pare down the jsword code to a minimal set
> required to load local sword modules (instead of attempting to
> auto-download them) and read/search through them (lucene has issues at
> the moment being run under the android sdk)?
There used to be 2 implementations of the search interfaces, although I
suspect that we've junked the pre-lucene one by now. It should be
trivial to create a stub implementation (so long as you don't want the
ability to search ;-)

I'm CCing jsword-devel at crosswire.org which is where this conversation
should probably take place.