[jsword-devel] Update on JSword

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Oct 6 05:23:24 MST 2009

On Oct 6, 2009, at 3:23 AM, Manfred Bergmann wrote:

> Am 05.10.2009 um 22:58 schrieb DM Smith:

>>> av11n I think is too big a challenge for me but I could have a
>>> look at writing modules.
>>
>> That sounds great. I'll tackle the av11n. It will be hard.
>>
>>> AFAIHS the low-level stuff is in jsword-sword and I guess here is
>>> the actual writing code to be implemented?
>> The implementation will be in JSword. I can point you to the
>> classes that will need to change and I can document the layout of
>> the files too.
>
> Ok, that would be great.
> Can we manage new features and all this update stuff in JIRA?

Yes that would be great. First see if there is an issue for it, but
otherwise open another. Attach patches to it, etc.

> I've already set up the project in IDEA, so I'm ready to go. :)

I'm not familiar with IDEA as I use Eclipse. If you'd like to check in
project settings for IDEA let me know.

I'll spend some time pointing out the classes of interest and probably
the best order to do them in. As to the structure of a module, I'll
add that documentation to the code files.

Many thanks!!

DM