[jsword-devel] Update on JSword

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Oct 5 06:22:49 MST 2009

On Oct 5, 2009, at 9:09 AM, Manfred Bergmann wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I think switching to Java 1.5 is a good decision.
> As you said Java 1.5 is available for Mac OSX 10.4 and AFAIR this
> was the only door stopper.
>
> Then it would also be nice to get Generics in JSword.
>
> What actually is missing to bring JSword up to speed with C++ Sword?

The biggest things: av11n and ability to write modules (which supports
personal commentary). We probably should add FTP back in. (Try to use
HTTP first and on failure go to FTP automatically)

I'm sure there are others, but I haven't thought about it in a long
time.

> I'd like to help out implementing some missing things when MacSword
> 2 is finally released after a long time this week.

I would love the help. You have done a great job on MacSword. I'm
looking forward to the release!