[jsword-devel] coding conventions

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Wed Nov 4 14:51:53 MST 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:

>  On 10/27/2009 02:10 PM, Manfred Bergmann wrote:

 I agree with all your suggestions, with a few of comments:

Are you sure that the output from the Eclipse formatter is what you want.
I've generally steered clear of it because there seemed to be many cases
where it didn't do what I wanted. If it does, then excellent, perhaps the
formatter settings should be exported into the project somewhere.

Many people have monitors that can either swivel, or be sideways mounted. I
personally greatly prefer to see more lines of code this way. However the
downside is to restrict the horizontal size, so I generally stick to 80
columns now, and I know that companies like Google have hard line length
limits in their style guidelines for exactly this reason. However if this
doesn't fit with your style, please ignore.