[jsword-devel] Jira changes

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Fri Mar 6 10:38:27 MST 2009

I have just made a lot of updates in Jira.

In the past we just used Jira as a bucket of things that we'd like to do
but did not really use Jira for release management.

For the Bible Desktop and JSword "projects" I have added all the
releases we have had, with their dates. I have changed the reported
against and fixed to use these for the open issues. (At some point, I
probably should go back and update other issues.) I did find some that
have already been fixed and have closed those. I will do the same for
"Common" too.

I have enabled Attachements in Jira. So, lets use it to provide patches.

We've a number of bug fixes and simple things that I have marked as
1.6.1 which should happen fairly soon (by Easter, I hope).

For the 1.7 Elephant release, I have marked what I think belongs in
there. The Elephant release is about adding persistence to Bible Desktop
and doing small things that won't get done by a 1.6.1 release. I left
everything else as 2.0.

Setting the "Fixed" value is a bit of a judgement call. It is simply my
judgement as to when I might get around to it. If there is anything that
you want to work on that is part of 1.7 or 2.0 and it can be pulled
forward to 1.6.1, please feel free to do so. That is, make it your
judgement call.

Likewise, if there is something that you would like to see done and it
is not represented in Jira, please add it. When reporting issues, you
can use 1.6 as the release having the issue, since that is the current
release. If it is simple and you can do the work by 1.6.1 or 1.7 set
that as the Fixed version. If it is a persistence feature, set it to
1.7. Otherwise set it as 2.0.

In Him,