[jsword-devel] Future Direction for BibleDesktop

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 22:00:14 MST 2009

I'll put in my two cents in: if this application falls for trying to be one of those kitchen gadgets that does everything (runs in browsers, has Mac look and feel,... etc, we may be reinventing a wheel that's already been accomplished by other applications.

My attraction to BibleDesktop is that it runs on Java and is therefore portable and yet is no-nonsense functional. I look to be able to run it on a small portable device (mini-laptop-esque) so I can use it on the run or at church without whipping out some huge top-heavy application that is distracting to people sitting in the pews behind me.

======
John said to him, "Teacher, we saw a man casting out demons in your name, and we forbade him, because he was not following us."  But Jesus said, "Do not forbid him; for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon after to speak evil of me.  For he that is not against us is for us.

Mark 9:38-40