[jsword-devel] Jsword nightly update ?

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 02:24:13 MST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> The nightly update is automatic - irrespective of code changes.
>
> Not sure of better mechanisms, but obviously a svn check out should show
> if there are real changes.

Because I do not know the infrastructure behind jswrod, so take it as
a grain of salt

To keep things really simple, drop the automatic scheduling and just
provide a Web Interface (preferred) or remote shell interface. In case
of web interface just provide simple authentication (.htpasswd is very
simple) or hidden (non public) web interface with allow single click
or update the nightlies zip and download page, using the same current
update script. So it will really reflect a change in the code base
regarding update on nightlies.

The only added process is that the maintaners must execute the script
manually eg: visit the web interface and click on that button to
update the nightly zip and download page, when there is real changes
on the nightly codebase.

> Or even a subscription to jsword-svn (careful, lots of spam)

Yes, I am aware of this because I subscribed with jsword-svn mailing list :)

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--
Alkitab Bible Study