[jsword-devel] Alkitab Bible Study 0.9 released

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Wed May 21 21:59:52 MST 2008

Hi,

Thank your for the feedback, it is very appreciated.

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:00 PM, webmedic <webmedic at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. When I open some bibles for reading/searching/studying and then close the
> app it does not keep any of my open windows other than the default texts. Is
> this intended or a limitation of the java ui being used?

Neither both, currently it is the limitation of my programming skill
and time constraints. Currently the session only keep the
component/panel location only, it does not keep the content (aka book
viewer, which chapter/verses, etc). I think I will implement this
feature after ver 1.0, because ver 1.0 intend is to be a stable
release and I am afraid to introduce big features which means
potential show stopper bugs :)

> 2. Is there are way to enable searching on genbooks also?

I need to check the underlying jsword indexing mechanism (lucene)
first whether it is supported by jsword lib or not. If it is supported
then it is not difficult to add this feature into Alkitab.

> 3. About genbooks so far at least Pilgrims Progress and BAO both cause java
> errors.

I need to check this as well, and what is BAO ?

> 4. the scripture refererences in TSK at the least do not work. If you try to
> click on any of the links for most of the books they do not do anything. It
> appeared to me as though any link to a reference in the current chapter seem
> to work fine but everything else fails.

I also need to download TSK first and check this whether it is the
underlying raw text problem or xsl problem or Alkitab problem.

Note: I live in the area where Internet connection is a privilages
which result in small/limited/slow bandwith, therefore I unable to
download all the available books to test (some books is quite big
~7MB), So if you found books which have problem. do not hesitate to
drop me a note regarding book name, so I could download and test it
against Alkitab. This will help me a lot to save bandwith, and
hopefully over time my book collections will be large enough so I
could test it againts Alkitab :)

Thanks again for the feedback, it really help me to improve Alkitab.

Cheers
Tonny Kohar

> All of this is in version .9. I think that is all for now thanks.
>
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Tonny Kohar <tonny.kohar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just released Alkitab Bible Study 0.9, it is available at
>> http://www.kiyut.com/products/alkitab/index.html
>>
>> What's new
>> - Add Sword AugmentPath and DownloadDir
>> - Add Strongs and Morphology User Preferences or Options
>> - Add Source Viewer
>> - Various UI Improvement
>> - Various Bug Fixes
>> - [Installer] add options to install some books:
>>  KJV, StrongsHebrew, StrongsGreek, Robinson Morph

Citra FX Photo Effects
imagine, design, create ...
http://www.kiyut.com