[jsword-devel] Verse Memory functionality

Mr Mark Nelson drnickmsn at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 13:06:37 MST 2008

Hi,
I'm new to the JSword project and would like to see some functionality added to help with verse memorization.  I had developed a very basic Java program that you can find here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bible_Verse_Quiz_Game/  However, it would likely have copyright issues if I was to actually distribute it.
Therefore, I would like to either create a JSword-based program with the same functionality or help add the similar functionality to a JSword-based program.  The SwordBible program claims to have a Verse Memorizer but only displays the verse.
As you can see from my program, my Java desktop application experience is very basic. I have begun to create my own JSword-based program that I've named SwordMemory but am really copying BibleDesktop a great degree.
Please provide any thoughts/questions you have on my project.  You can email me direct as well to take any discussion off-list.
Thanks,
Mark Nelson