[jsword-devel] Lucene Indexes

Mullins, Steven Steven.Mullins at dmme.virginia.gov
Tue May 20 07:45:52 MST 2008

I have jsword indexing the lexical forms and the robinson codes
for the MorphGNT module.  The syntax is:

rob:n-nsm && lex:?????

This will search for all verses with the lexical form "?????"
and the robinson morphological code n-nsm.  However, "?????"
can be anywhere in the verse and the "n-nsm" tag can apply to
any word in the verse.  I'd like to restrict the search so that
the robinsons search applies only to a particular word.  For
example:

(lex:????? WITH rob:n-nsm)
Translation: Search all words with lexical form "?????", which
also has a robinson's code of "n-nsm".

I don't know how or if Lucene establishes the relationship between
fields.  Is there a way to establish a link between the <content>
field and <lex> and <rob> field?

Perhaps this is already done, but if so, I do not know the syntax
to employ it.

Thanks,

Steve