[jsword-devel] Distribute Bible Texts

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 06:06:35 MST 2008

Tonny Kohar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it allowed to distribute some bible texts or commentaries, etc with
> the program installer ?
>
> As you probably know, I am creating alternative GUI front end for
> JSword project and thinking a possibility of distributing some bible
> text with the program installer, so end user could start
> exploring/study bible when the program start. If he/she need more
> books then he/she could download additional books from the known site
> eg; crosswire module addins.
>
> The purpose or intent is to distribute some books (not all), so the
> user does not represented with empty screen because no books
> available.
In addition to what Peter said:
The typical bundle is KJV, Robinsons, Strong's Greek, and Strong's
Hebrew. This provides the user the richest study opportunity as the KJV
is keyed to Strong's Numbers and Morphology. These are all free to
distribute.

You are also welcomed to contact any of the publishers which have
granted CrossWire permission to distribute and ask them if you may
distribute the SWORD module as is bundled with your application.

Hope this helps,