[jsword-devel] Alkitab 1.0 released

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 00:03:33 MST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> 1) IDE remnants:
>
> Under Tools - Plugins

There is a plugins for Alkitab (Book Downloader), which you can
installed automatically using the Tools-Plugins or download manually.
I choose the same policy as JSword, there is no internet connection
unless explicitly choosen by the user. If you want to enable plugins.
You need to explicitly check/tick Alkitab Update Center under the
Tools-Plugins on the Settings tab. By default if off.

Note: currently there is only one plugin available (Book Downloader),
but in the future I will add more plugins.

> Under Help - Logfile

This is for help me identified when there is a weird bug, because it
log what is started by Netbeans, I think I will remove this in the
next release

> 2) Display of different script Bibles. Please look at attached screenshot
>
> a) It deals wonderfully with several changes of direction. Everything on
> that count is correct.
> b) it does not find the font predefined by the module for the Peshitta -
>  maybe the user does not have it installed, maybe the path is wrong - so
> I think the programme needs some way of resetting the standard font for
> a module and/or informing the user of which font is required for the
> module - same applies to Nova Sahidica - it looks odd as the font used
> seems to provide Coptic as an afterthought, so I would want to change
> this, but I can not from within the programme.
>
> 3) double clicking of modules in the bookshelf- still appears to work
> only erratically. But Return works fine.
>
>>System Info:
>  Product Version         = Alkitab Bible Study 1.0 (Build 200806091000)
>  Operating System        = Linux version 2.6.22-14-386 running on i386
>  Java; VM; Vendor        = 1.6.0_03; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
> 1.6.0_03-b05; Sun Microsystems Inc.
>  Runtime                 = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.6.0_03-b05
>  Java Home               = /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.03/jre
>  System Locale; Encoding = en_GB (alkitab); UTF-8
>
> Peter

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--